The ARN Grant Application Process is designed to be transparent, accessible, and equitable, ensuring that artists from diverse backgrounds and disciplines have the opportunity to access funding and resources. The process is streamlined to be fast and easy for artists, while maintaining its inclusive nature.
- Applicants must be individual artists or collectives working in any creative discipline (visual, performing, literary, digital, etc.).
- Applicants can be from any country and of any age.
- There are no language requirements; however, applications should be submitted in English or accompanied by an English translation.
- Applicants must demonstrate a genuine passion for their artistic practice.
- Applicants must complete a simple online application form, which includes basic personal information, a brief description of their artistic practice, and a vision for how they plan to use the grant funds.
- Applicants must submit a small portfolio of their work (e.g., images, videos, writing samples, etc.) or provide links to online examples.
- No CV or resume is required, and letters of recommendation are optional.
- Artistic merit: Quality, originality, and potential impact of the applicant’s work.
- Passion and commitment: The extent to which the applicant demonstrates dedication to their artistic practice.
- Vision and impact: How the applicant plans to use the grant to develop their practice or contribute to their community.
- Diversity and inclusivity: The extent to which the applicant’s work and practices align with ARN’s commitment to supporting artists from diverse backgrounds and fostering inclusivity in the arts.
Review Process and Timeline:
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with no strict deadlines.
- Applications will be reviewed by a diverse panel of artists, arts professionals, and ARN staff, ensuring a broad range of perspectives in the selection process.
- Applicants will be notified of the panel’s decision within four weeks of submission.
- Successful applicants will receive funding within two weeks of notification and will be encouraged to share their progress and outcomes with the ARN community.
Support and Resources:
- In addition to grant funding, successful applicants will have access to ARN’s mentorship program, educational resources, and networking opportunities.
- ARN staff will be available to assist applicants with questions or concerns throughout the application process, ensuring a supportive and inclusive experience.
By providing a streamlined, inclusive, and easy-to-navigate grant application process, the Artist Resource Network (ARN) aims to empower artists and creatives worldwide, offering the financial support, resources, and opportunities they need to thrive, innovate, and inspire change.